Friday, May 3, 2013

The bike dress (Sewaholic Cambie)

Since it's bike month, here's my Cambie bike dress. I actually made it in January for Pancho's holiday work party, but didn't take any good photos in it until yesterday.


It was a good evening for wine on the porch!
Top secret cuteness inside
I might be in love with this bias binding!


This was my second Sewaholic dress and I was fairly confident I could make it fit so I didn't make a muslin. I used the size 10 but graded out to a 12 at the waist, but then ended up taking at least that much in at the back when I put in the zipper. So I think in the future I'll just go with a straight 10.  I also had the same issue that others mentioned, the shoulders were a little higher than necessary but I adjusted it by tucking more of the front "sleeve" into the bodice. Consequently the shoulder seams are a little forward of my shoulder (but the waist is also a bit high in the front now, so I think I got a little overzealous).
I already have plans for 2 more of this dress. I adore it. Super flattering and sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment