He picked out the fabric in October 2011 when we went to Britex while on a visit to San Francisco. I had never made a man's shirt before and I didn't have a pattern at the time, but I did eventually find the Negroni by Colette Patterns and that is the pattern this is modeled on. Before making it in the Britex fabric, I did a test run using a grey cotton. Here is that version (I have a lot more pictures of it because I was so amazed at how awesome it was):
|It has flat felled seams!|
|I like this little loop detail|
|And this is us, on our way to our friends' wedding|
I also removed the scallops and put fewer buttons on the front (he didn't like how high the top button was on the grey version).
This was my first Colette pattern and I loved it. The instructions were beautiful and easy to follow, even that crazy picture of how you're supposed to turn the shirt out around the yoke! It seemed impossible, but made perfect sense when followed.